29 rue de l'Aulnaie 27120 Fontaine-Sous-Jouy   -   NORMANDY
Tel +33 2 32 36 89 05 - Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
VERSAILLES, GIVERNY, HONFLEUR, DEAUVILLE, LES ANDELYS
On our page Tourism / Events you'll find more details about next exhibitions.
Founded by Daniel J. Terra in 1992, the Museum of American Art in Giverny created during the sixteen years of its existence unprecedented exhibitions, publications, seminars, conferences, residencies art historians and artists on the theme of American art. In 2009, a partnership between the Terra Foundation for American Art, the General Council of the Eure, Seine-Maritime, Haute-Normandie region, the Community of Municipalities and the City of Vernon, and the museum of Orsay, gave birth to the Museum of Impressionism in Giverny which replaces the Giverny museum of American Art. This new museum is dedicated to studying the history of Impressionism and its aftermath, and its consequences far more in the second half of the twentieth century.
Open : March 29 to October 31 Everyday from 10am to 6pm
L'histoire de ce lieu étrange et exceptionnel remonte à la Grande Peste noire de 1348, qui tua les trois-quarts des habitants du quartier. C'est ainsi que l'on dû ouvrir un nouveau cimetière : le grand aître saint Maclou. Trois des galeries qui entourent le cimetière ont été construites entre 1526 et 1533 pour servir d'ossuaire. Leur décor est macabre : crânes, ossements, outils de fossoyeur, objets de culte dans les rites mortuaires.
Week-end et jours fériés : de 9h à 12h et de 14h à 19h.
Vacances scolaires : tous les jours de 9h à 12h et de 14h à 19h.
Fermeture : 25 décembre, 1er janvier
An outstanding collection of paintings, drawings and sculptures as well as furniture and other "objets d'art". Paintings by Caravaggio, Velàzquez, Delacroix, Géricault,Modigliani, Monet and Sisley are amongst the most famous.
10h to 18h except mardi
This large collection of faience shows the evolution of Rouen earthenware as well as some works from other important centres (Nevers, Moustiers, Delft, etc.) Opening of two new rooms dedicated to Sèvres China of XIX and XX centuries.
2 to 6pm | Closing days : Tuesday
Annual closing : 01/01, 01/05, 08/05, 09/05, 14/07, 15/08, 01/11, 11/11 and 25/12
The museum has been housed since the 1960s in the former bishop’s palace of Évreux, a fine late 15th century edifice which is linked to the cathedral by a cloister. A further wing was built in the basement in 1985, revealing the Gallo-Roman ramparts. This area houses the archaeological collection, one of the museum’s major attractions, featuring the large bronzes found at Vieil-Evreux (1st century AD) and traces of human occupation in the Eure département from prehistoric times to the Merovingian period.
from Tuesday to Sunday 10 to 12am and 2 to 6pm / Free entrance
The ducal palace was built in the seventeenth century by Count Alexandre de Crequi. It served alternately Housing for the Harcourt family until his sacking in 1795, then, in the twentieth century, hospice, prison camp war, and finally women's prison. The interior is richly decorated and furniture. Magnificent Brussels tapestries of the sixteenth century, living marble collections of ancient ceremonial room in bed Louis XIV.
Easter to Halloween: The Weekends and holidays from 2pm to 6pm
May, June and September: daily from 2pm to 6pm
July and August : daily from 10am to 6pm
Dr. Auzoux, willing to put at the disposal of medical topics clean and clear and avoid dissections, developed a technique for manufacturing anatomy models in cardboard, which thus formed generations of doctors around the world and continue to play this role. In 2005, the museum has expanded and also parts of flora and fauna as the tsetse fly, bee, fern or alga.
Prehistory of the industrial activities of the twentieth century, you can explore the richness of the local heritage through observation of archaeological artefacts, paintings, sculptures, furniture and decorative objects exhibited in thematic rooms. The masterpiece of the museum, "Coriolan begged by his family" painted by Nicolas Poussin, recalls the origins andelysiennes the greatest French painter of the seventeenth century.
Installed in the Castle Beaumesnil the "Versailles of Normandy", the little museum Binding exposes an impressive collection of works on the art of bookbinding from the XV - XVI centuries. You will discover ancient manuscripts in morocco, vellum or hit embroidered silk, dating from the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, but also some fine examples of contemporary bindings. This museum bears witness to the exceptional work of bookbinders fifteenth century to the present day.